Decision tree methods
Decision tree methods (TRM)
This course gives a deep insight into the methodology of decision trees. Decision trees are robust, fast and understandable and therefore popular for data exploration and forecasting with large and heterogeneous data sets.
- Basics of decision trees: division rules, pruning, analysis
- Random Forest
- Boosted trees
- Overview of other methods: ID3, FACT, QUEST
Our method training courses are designed to be software-independent and cross-industry. We attach great importance to a lively and inspiring atmosphere in the training and therefore present examples from various application areas; software may also be used.
The course is open to discussion and contributions from participants. Our trainers respond to all questions from participants and answer them at appropriate points during the course.
Participants will receive all training documents in PDF format afterwards.
Bagging, boosted trees, boosting, C&RT, CART, CHAID, entropy, exploration, missing values, missing value replacement, GINI, information gain, prediction, random forest, stochastic gradient boosting, division rules, variable weighting, ID3, FACT, QUEST
This course assumes a basic knowledge of data mining.
- Online: These training sessions offer maximum flexibility without the need to travel. All participants work on their own PCs. We recommend using two monitors for this purpose.
- Hamburg: With our training center in Hamburg, we provide a comfortable place for successful learning.
- At your premises: We conduct the training courses on your premises for you and your colleagues.
We offer all our training sessions in both German and English languages.
Duration: 1 day | Price: Total up to 6 participants: starting from EUR 1.950,-
Sign up yourself and your team directly for this training:
After the registration request, the trainer will contact you directly and arrange the date personally.
Do you have questions about the content, the implementation or would you like an individually customized training? Contact us and speak directly with the responsible trainers without obligation. We are sure that we can help you!